Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yes, we're still alive!!

Hey Everyone!! I'm so sorry it's been so long, but we've been so busy. We both finished up w/school last week and are enjoying our time off. Garrett has been busy w/his landscaping business and I'm working on projects here in the house. Lexy and Bella LOVE the summer and are so glad to have me home during the day. Well, I guess I'll update everyone on the last month.

On Memorial Day weekend, Garrett, Lori, Nate and myself all went to Lufkin for everyone to meet Nate. Scott had to work and was unable to go w/us and we missed him dearly. It's so quiet at Mom's when he's not there!!! On Sunday my aunt from Houston and her family drove up for the day and surprised us. It was a huge surprise b/c my cousin, Kathleen and her family, from Corpus were with them. We haven't seen them in several years, so it was so good to visit w/them and meet their newest addition, Jonathan. Mom cooked a huge brisket, so we all enjoyed lunch and time together.

Unfortunately, Garrett and I were back to work on Tuesday. It's so hard to work after Memorial Day. I remember when we were done w/school the Friday before Memorial Day!! On the 29th, we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. My, how time flies!! Since the 29th was a Thursday, we actually celebrated on Saturday. We took the day and headed to Granbury. It's such a nostalgic little town. We had a late lunch/early dinner and then walked around the square to all the little shops. It was a nice day!! Garrett kept a smile the whole time, even though I know Antiques aren't his favorite thing!! What a great guy!! 8-) Last Tuesday evening, Scott, Lori and Nate took us to Red Lobster for our anniversary. Nate is so sweet and I love to squeeze him!! He's growing so quickly!!!!

Last weekend, Garrett's parents were in from Oklahoma. So, on Friday night we drove over to Keller and went to dinner w/his family. We enjoyed getting to see them and spending the evening w/everyone on Friday. Saturday and Sunday were lazy days and Monday began another busy week. Today, I started on the trimwork in our master bathroom. I repainted it on Spring Break and didn't have the energy at that time to undertake the trim. The couple that lived here before us decided to paint the walls hunter green, the trim and ceiling khaki w/high gloss paint. So, I start to paint over the high gloss, it leaves streaks where the paint brush was. I've had to use 2 coats of Kilz and 2 coats of white paint!! Lesson: if you're buying a house and there's paint you don't like...ask for a painting allowance!! I'm sure I'll feel a huge sense of accomplishment when it's completed!! Then, I'm on to painting the guest portion of the house!!

Whew!!!! That's the latest w/the Hilton's. I hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Christy

1 comments:

Memories with the McDaniels said...

its about time we got updated from the Hiltons!! i expect new blogs weekly or daily!! now that your home!!

love ya'll

the mcdaniels