I know, I know..I haven't blogged in a month and today I blog twice. But, I'm on my soap box and I HATE Wal-Mart!! My wonderful in-laws sent Garrett and I two gift cards for our Anniversary. One was to On the Border and the other was to Red Lobster. Both were for $25. So, Garrett and I go to On the Border for dinner tonight and the waiter comes back and says that the card wasn't activated at the store. So we call Garrett's mom and she said she purchased them at Wal-Mart and she thinks she threw the receipts away. So, we go to Wal-Mart thinking they will activate the card for us (there's a phone number on the back that will tell you whether the card has been activated or not) b/c Wal-Mart is notorious for taking back poopy diapers for Christ Sake and the lady (w/nasty teeth) says "Sorry I need a receipt to see if it's been activated." I'm like call the number on the back of the card and they'll tell you it hasn't been activated. "Nope...sorry!!" So I say, "How nice is it that someone bought us $50 worth of gift cards and how embarrassing for them that we have to ask them for the receipt b/c some moron that works for Wal-Mart isn't intelligent enough to activate the card. This is the very reason I don't shop at Wal-Mart anymore!!" She says "Ummmm..it's only $25 (like that makes a flippin difference). So I say "Ummmm, that one is $25, but we have one to Red Lobster that's $25 too and I'm sure the intelligent person who DIDN'T activate this one also didn't activate the other one!!" We turn and walk away and Garrett is all huffy at me b/c I was mean to the lady!! HAHA He's such a good person...
So, Garrett and I have $50 worth of gift cards that aren't activated and his parents wasted $50 b/c some idiot that works for Wal-Mart didn't activate the cards. So...I'm NOT shopping at Wal-Mart anymore. I refuse!! Besides, who do you talk to that actually enjoys shopping there?? Everyone hates the place. So..I'm buying my groceries at a grocery store (our grocery bill has dropped $30/week b/c I quit grocery shopping at Wal-Mart) and other necessities at Target or Dollar General. EVERYONE enjoys shopping at Target!!
Moral of the story...when you buy a gift card be sure to ask the cross-eyed clerk if they activated the card...otherwise you're screwed!!
Ta Ta for now...
Christy
Friday, June 13, 2008
Boycotting Wal-Mart
Posted by Our life... at 8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment