Garrett and I have felt an urgency to help out at church lately, so we volunteered to help out with Common Grounds. We started attending about 2 years ago and absolutely love the church. It's a very young congregation and a great group of people. The church itself is only 4 years old and we're meeting at Mansfield High School. So, every Sunday a group of volunteers get to church at 7:00 a.m. to help set up and are there until 12:30 to help take down. So, grumbling the whole time about how I can't believe we volunteered for this, blah, blah, blah..we got to church at 7:15 a.m. to set up Common Grounds. Common Grounds serves donuts, coffee, soft drinks, bottled water, etc. before/after service. I simple did NOT imagine how much work goes into getting everything set up for our church service. So, Garrett and I were trained on how to set up and take everything down. It was really nice to be involved and you can't imagine the feeling you have, when you feel you are doing what God wants you to do and the feeling of serving others (not just serving as in donuts, but serving as in someone coming to church, seeing your smiling face and deciding to committ their life to God). It was such a rewarding experience and it makes me have such high respect for our pastor and his wife...b/c they are there as early as everyone else and working as hard as everyone else!!
THEN...we met Scott, Lori and there neighbors at Eagle Mountain Lake to try out Scott's new boat. I bathed in the sunscreen, bathed Garrett in the sunscreen and fussed at everyone who wasn't wearing sunscreen or not enough sunscreen (LORI!!!!!), and we had a blast!! Everyone rode the tube, except for me, I just rode around and enjoyed the lake. The tube looked like a lot of work that I wasn't willing to put out, besides, I had been up since 5:30 that morning!! Garrett had a blast. He's been on me since we got married about buying a boat and I've refused every time he says something, but we had so much fun yesterday. And when you think about it, boats are expensive, but when you have one, you're on the lake enjoying family time instead of sitting in front of the TV, or out shopping, or at the movies, etc. But we had a really good time and were thankful that Scott and Lori invited us. We look forward to many more fun times on Scott's "Baby Girl" this summer!! (and to those that are wondering...Baby Nate was w/his Grammy in OK...he wasn't on the lake w/us) haha
I hope everyone had a restful, exciting weekend!!
Christy
Monday, June 16, 2008
Yesterday
Posted by Our life... at 10:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment