Well, Lauren (aka Ms. Thang) and I are back from Lufkin. She's still sleeping this morning and I'm getting my myspace and blogspot fix. Our agenda for today includes shopping, shopping and more shopping!! I'm taking her to the infamous Sam Moon in downtown Dallas and I'm not sure where we're headed after that. Lufkin was fun and I enjoyed the time I had w/my family. I got to see everyone (except Ike..maybe this weekend) this round, including my Aunt Barb, Josh, Jody and their little toot...Craig!! He's so darn cute and reminds me so much of Josh when he was little.
Garrett stayed here this weekend. His parents were here from Oklahoma so he was able to hang out w/his family as well. The women had a Bridal luncheon on Saturday and all the Hilton men golfed. From what I hear, Garrett needs to work on his game!!! haha Lauren and I were back in time for my mother-in-law's famous boiled shrimp yesterday afternoon. They are so yummy!! I knew they would all be busy this weekend, so that's why I didn't feel so bad about heading to Lufkin.
After my blog post on Thursday, I got wonderful news, so some of you must have said a prayer or two for me. I have an interview w/Mansfield ISD on Tuesday!! YAY!!! I'm really excited, but nervous (I don't deal well w/change..I get in a comfort zone and wanna stay there). It would be wonderful to be so close to home w/gas prices on the rise. I would get a raise in gas alone. Garrett also has a potential interview closer to home too. So, continue to pray for us. I'm still sad living here and wish I were closer to my aunt and the kids in Houston, but maybe this is the change we need. God sent us to Mansfield for a reason, so I have to keep thinking and believing in that!!
We'll be headed back to the Big L for the weekend. My dad's flight gets here on Thursday night at 9:30, so we'll head to Lufkin early Friday morning. I know he'll be anxious to be home and anxious to see my mom (more anxious to see Nate..I'm sure.haha). Everyone is suppose to be at Mom and Dad's on Friday for a shrimp boil and fireworks. I'll try to take lots of pictures.
I hope everyone had a restful weekend!!
Christy
Monday, June 30, 2008
Back from Lufkin
Posted by Our life... at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment