Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving. Garrett and I have so much to be thankful for and sometimes the meaning of Thanksgiving gets lost in all the shuffle of the holiday excitement. We're so fortunate for so many reasons and God takes care of us in so many ways. I hope each one of you will take a moment and think about what you're thankful for.

I took a few moments this morning to sit down, and enjoy a cup of coffee before all the craziness starts. I'm in the midst of finishing up laundry, packing, running errands and getting ready to head to Lufkin. Garrett will be with me tonight and tomorrow night, but will head back early Friday morning for a Basketball tournament. Gotta love basketball!! We have a family tradition that on Black Friday, all the women in my family shop (not Wal-Mart, but little specialty shops), have lunch and spend a girl's day together. We spend Thanksgiving with The Hiltons every other year, so I missed it last year and didn't want to miss it for Basketball this year. 8-) So..I'm way excited about the shopping!!! Forget the turkey and desserts...bring on the shopping!! And..I love spending the day w/my mom, sister-in-law, aunt and girl cousins.

And...I want to leave everyone with a good laugh!! Garrett picked up a fungus in the midst of the nice clean facilities (gym) that he works in everyday. We've fought this stupid "fungus" for about 2 years now. So..I finally put my foot down and said "You're going to the doctor!!" Anyone that knows Garrett...knows how he feels about the doctor...blood and needles and he doesn't do that!! I assure him that she's not going to draw blood...all she'll do is look at it, maybe take a skin sample and prescribe him something. He goes to the doctor yesterday and calls me when he's done. According to him..he had a close encounter with death. The antifungal she needs to put him on effects the liver so she needs to test his liver enzymes. So...he said I asked "How do you do that?" He told me...."I already knew the answer." Dr. Wood tells him she'll have to draw blood. So...my 6'4", 225 pound husband...says to the doctor "You need to figure something else to give me b/c you're not taking my blood." Apparently the doctor and her nurse are trying to coax Garrett into it and he keeps saying no. So...she finds a shampoo that dermatologist use and says.."It's really expensive (anyone who knows Garrett, knows he likes NOTHING expensive) and it's only 60% effective." So..his only choice was the blood draw. He says it's 150 degrees in there and he's sweating and the nurse walks in with a needle the size of a flag pole. He said, "I thought it was a quick stick...no, it took FOREVER and it hurt really bad. I was afraid I would need stitches." He was serious. What a big ole baby...I was laughing so hard when he called me.... Apparently he told Dr. Wood to run every test possible on that blood sample b/c they weren't getting another. She wants to test his cholesterol, but he has to be fasting, so I doubt she'll get that sample. I know the nurse's and Dr. Wood had a huge laugh at my husbands expense. Yep...he's a baby!!!! 8-)

Again...HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!
Christy

1 comments:

Katy said...

HAHAHAHA - that is pure greatness! I love it. You know Greg would have been the same way! Tell Garrett I hope he feels better! =)
You guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I will talk to you soon.