Wellllll.....Lori, Nate and I took off to Lufkin on Friday to redo Mom's kitchen before the holidays. I really wish I had taken before pictures, but all I have is after pictures. They built their house in 1994, so it's 14 years old now. Just to sum things up...a gay guy friend of mine said "Wow...you're house is so 90's!!" At the time, wallpaper was the craze, so my mom wallpapered her whole kitchen. She's said for the last several years that she wanted her kitchen painted and redone. We've know several people who have painted over wallpaper, so Lori and I thought that's what we would do...just paint over the wallpaper. So..Friday night, we go to pick out the paint color, buy a small pint take it home and give it a whirl...it was the most hideous mauve/pink we had ever seen, and the wallpaper wasn't taking the paint so well. So...we get up Saturday morning, head to Home Depot, get some texture you paint onto the wall and get the paint. We finally get to start painting around 1:30ish. My dad is pacing b/c he's convinced all the wallpaper is going to just peel off the walls and that there's no possible way Lori and I could get the whole kitchen done in a weekend. Boy...was he wrong on both accounts!! With the help of Uncle Bob...we got the kitchen done and it's beautiful!! Was it easy...HECK TO THA NO!! But we had lots of laughs and enjoyed the weekend. I'll post a few pics to show our handy work...and NO...we're not for hire!! 8-)
I'm also posting some really cute pics of Nate from the weekend. I introduced him to Ready Whip...he loved it and would open his little mouth for me to squirt it in. Also..a pic of Ms. Bella!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm so ready for the Holidays!!!
Until Later....
Christy
Monday, November 10, 2008
Extreme Home Makeover in Pollok
Posted by Our life... at 5:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Kitchen looks great! Are you sure you aren't for hire?? I definitely need some painting help!
Nate looks just like your brother! He is too cute....and Miss Bella - I just love her. Check out that underbite!
Post a Comment