Last night, Garrett and I went to a Rangers game with our church. The Rangers were playing the Astros. Although I enjoyed the fellowship and I enjoyed hanging out with people from church, I felt a bit sad. My Uncle Doug was an AVID Astros fan and he passed away in February. I knew that he would have been glued to his television watching that game, and it would have been serious business. The Astros lost and Garrett would have called him to give him a hard time about the "Lastros" and he would've had a few choice words for Garrett, and it usually ended in him hanging up and not reanswering the phone (always in good fun)!! As all the Rangers fans were cheering for every run, I continued to root for those Astros b/c I knew that's what Uncle "Doog" would've wanted. And even though they lost last night...there's always tonight, so I'll be rooting them on again!!
As I wrote this blog this morning, I cried once again for our loss. We all miss him so much and I can't imagine how hard the holidays and family gatherings will be if something as small as a baseball game makes me sad. He fought so hard and he wasn't ready to leave us, but God had other plans and he's not suffering anymore which brings some peace. And I know he's looking down right now thinking.....
Go Astros!!!!!!
Christy
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Rangers/Astros Game
Posted by Our life... at 10:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very touching!
love you sweetie!
Aww Chris! I'm sorry...I still can't beleive he's gone! He used to pick on me so hard about how I would call it the 9th "ending"...lol I can still hear his laugh and see him standing there in his gray shorts and tee while tugging on his oxygen cord that i was so annoyingly always standing on...lol Such a punk he was. Although I wasn't there for him the past few years, I miss and loved him like a father-in-law.
We all miss him so much and there's such a void. He definitely could be an ole fart at times!! haha The 9th "ending", I bet he did give you heck about that!!! hahahaha
Post a Comment