Well, I don't have a lot to update, hence the reason I haven't updated lately.
Cedar Hill is still going strong with only one district loss. We're definitely in the playoffs and I'm definitely ready for season to be over with. Any other Coach's wife out there...totally knows what I'm talking about. We've had basketball EVERY Tuesday/Friday night since November. And, some Thursdays and Saturdays...if we had a tournament!! I'll add this little bit of excitement...last Friday night was our game in Duncanville. Probably not a game I should have attended alone, but if I go to support my husband, I go alone, b/c there's no one else to go with me. Anyway...we lose (Thank God), and I head to my car. I usually walk to/from by myself, but one of the coach's moms caught me and said I didn't need to go alone. We start walking to the parking lot, I get in my car (after walking through about 3 fights, police firing airsoft guns in the air, a man smoking pot...), close my door, buckle my seatbelt and gun shots start going off behind me in the parking lot!! Yes..the kids were shooting at each other. So...I doubt I'll be attending many more basketball games, which is sad for Garrett, but I can't risk my life for a basketball game. I go to be his support system, but don't have a support system of my own. I'm hoping/praying at some point in his career, I'll be lucky enough to meet some other coach's wives..but so far we're 0 and 2!! 8-)
So, yesterday was Valentine's Day. I LOVE Valentine's Day. Is it a little overrated...probably so, but I still love it!! My husband came home from practice with a dozen pink roses!! They are beautiful and make me smile everytime I look at them. I had made reservations at Simply Fondue about a month ago and decided we shouldn't spend $100 on dinner. So, we made plans to go to dinner and then the drive-in..well...it turned out to be cold. So, we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (yummy rolls) and went to a 5:15 movie (Mall Cop) and a 7:00 movie (Taken). Taken was GREAT!! We went to Movie Tavern...where you can eat dinner while you watch a movie...we had already eaten, but I can't wait to go back...it may be my new favorite place!!
See...nothing exciting...basketball and Valentine's Day. I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day, but remember to show your "love" how much you love them every day...not just one day a year!!
Until next time...
Christy
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Basketball and Valentine's Day....
Posted by Our life... at 6:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good Lord girl, those are not like Central games!!!
Definitely not like Central...complete culture shock, even at the age of 33!! haha Hope you guys are doing well....
Thank goodness there is a new post!! Hahaha! You know I love when you post something new! I am glad you guys had a great Valentine's Day. I loved the movie, Taken. I am glad you like it as well.
The basketball thing is craziness! I am so glad you have decided to not go alone anymore, unless it is somewhere you feel comfortable. I will talk to you soon...
Post a Comment