I know it's been forever!! I kept trying to update my blog and The Cutest Blog on the Block has been down. So, I was procrastinating until it was up and going again.
I hope everyone had wonderful Holidays. We did, but we were so busy. We needed to go back to work to get a break. We were home for 3 nights in 2 weeks..the rest was spent traveling!!
Colorado was WONDERFUL!!! It was absolutely beautiful and we definitely had a White Christmas. While we were there, it snowed a good 4 feet. It snowed all day Christmas day. We went sledding, snow mobiling and for a horse drawn sleigh ride. No one in the family skiied..which I was happy about..I've tried it...not for me!! I think Garrett would enjoy it and would probably pick up on it rather quickly..so maybe next time. We're already planning for Christmas 2010 and hoping it will be in Colorado again. I honestly think it's the one and only time I've had a white Christmas. Garrett's parents paid for the lodging for 5 days and his Mamaw paid for our snow mobiling and our sleigh ride...what great Christmas gifts!! Thanks Nana, Papa and Mamaw!!!! We had lots of laughs and a great time!!!!!!
Christmas with my family was over New Year's. Everyone was at my parent's house and it was great. Utter chaos like usual...but still great to be with all the family. Poor Garrett had a tournament Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...drove to my parents Wed. evening...stayed Wed. night and Thursday night and headed home about 6:30 a.m. Friday morning for a 1:00 game in Coppell.
Speaking of basketball...Cedar Hill is on fire!!! Garrett's JV team has lost 2 games, but are undefeated in District. The Varsity team has lost 2 games, but at a tournament in South Carolina..they are also undefeated in district and pulled off a MAJOR win against Duncanville High last Monday night..winning by 1 point. Duncanville is nationally ranked. Right now, Cedar Hill is ranked 2nd in the state...so we're possibly State Tournament Bound!!!! How exciting!!!!
Well...I'll close the book for now!! We're excited about the start of a New Year. Last year was a rough year, the enemy was waiting for us around every corner. In thinking about that, I realized that we must be doing something right in the Kingdom of God, otherwise he would have no reason to feel so threatened, hence no reason for the constant attacks. Several couples in our Small Group struggled last year as well. In saying all of that...I know God has something wonderful in store for us this year....
Until Later...
Christy
Monday, January 19, 2009
New Post...long overdo...
Posted by Our life... at 2:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm so jealous!
Ok - time for a new post!! haha
I check everyday and still no new post! =)
Post a Comment