Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas......

Can you believe it...it's Christmas time??? In exactly 2 weeks, Garrett, Bella and I will be headed to Colorado for a White Christmas with the Hilton Clan. We're so excited!!!!!!

I absolutely love this time of year!! Although...I've sadly realized over the last 5 years that I think I married Scrooge b/c my husband could care less whether we have a tree, or gifts or lights or anything to do with Christmas. So every year, we drag the Christmas tree from the attic, I play Christmas music and Garrett stares at me like I'm nuts. We always fought over putting the lights on the tree b/c he wants to do them Charlie Brown style, so we bought a prelit tree..well, this year we fought over how to wrap the beads around the tree!! haha Hopefully someday I'll win him over to the excitement!! Our tree is always decorated with white lights and black, red and silver ornaments. The wrapping paper has to match the tree!! I know so OCD of me, but it all looks so pretty once it's done. I've bought several gifts and hope to get them wrapped tonight or tomorrow night. I always get so behind on the wrapping..it's my least favorite part!!


I just wanted to show you guys a couple of pictures of our tree and mantle. I couldn't leave without showing a picture of Bell in her "sassy" bow (which Lori's sister made). I know all of you people think I'm one of those crazy dog people..well I am, and you'll have to bear with me until we have kids!! 8-)

Just look...how sweet and innocent she looks.....
And then...she decides to leave Garrett and I a gift under the tree.....
I hope everyone is enjoying the hustle and bustle, the pretty lights and everything that goes along with Christmas. But...let's also remember the true reason for the season.

Until next time....
Christy

4 comments:

Katy said...

HAHAHAHAHA - I cannot stop laughing. Oh my gosh! That is one hilarious picture. After you get that pretty tree up - Bella has to go and poop under it. Priceless!!!
The house looks great and Bella looks as cute as ever! Hope to see you soon.

Our life... said...

Yep..she's done it twice already...I'm hoping it doesn't happen once there are gifts under there!!

Natalie said...

Hey, Monkey....your mantle and your tree look fabulous...You did a great job. I am so proud of you..I believe Garrett coached Bella to shit under the tree...Tell him that Santa will NOT be happy when he hears about this....and he will especially be mad if he steps in dog shit....Have a Merry Christmas and I love you......Aunt Nat (tee hee)

Jennifer said...

Oh, heavens. Just makes me want to go out and buy a dog. Uh-uh, right. I'll add that to my list of reasons not to have a canine companion. So, thanks for that little Christmas present!

Hope you are having a wonderful time in Colorado, you lucky thing.

~Jen and family