Monday, July 21, 2008

Our Galveston Vacation...

Last Sunday, Garrett and I headed to Galveston for a short vacation. We were fortunate enough to have a friend from church house sit, so we could relax and not worry about things here at home. We didn't do much, but Garrett wanted to tour the Submarine and Destroyer at Sea Wolf park and I wanted to see the Titanic exhibit at Moody Gardens. We made a day at the beach on Tuesday and were able to find a desolate beach w/out a lot of people, so we actually got to relax and enjoy being there.

This is where we stayed. My aunt/uncle own a condo right on the sea wall. They only rent to people they know and we always love getting to stay there!! It's so clean and so relaxing. The view of the ocean from their balcony is so nice!!
On Wednesday, we met Garrett's aunt, uncle and cousin and we all headed out to Kinder, Louisiana. Most of you are probably thinking...what the heck for?? Well, my husband had to get some BlackJack action and there just happens to be a casino there!! We had a wonderful time!! His Aunt Teresa rented a mini-van so we could all ride together. All the men seemed to have the luck...I lost $60 in literally 5 minutes and I'm not sure what Aunt Teresa lost, but I know she lost!! Garrett had to win my $60 back and he kept playing. I think he left with $185 more than what we went with. His uncle Mickey won about $400 playing poker and poor Shane, won $6!! HAHAHA But we had a great time and many laughs!!

We headed home on Thursday, but had a nice, relaxing vacation. We are glad to be home and our animals are glad to have us back too!! Now, I'm working on all the laundry!! UUGGHH!!
BTW...thanks for all the prayers!! I was offered and accepted the position with Mansfield ISD. I'll be 4 miles from home, working at an Elementary campus with 1st through 4th graders. I'm really excited and feel a peace about my decision to take the job. God is so good!!
Hope this finds everyone doing well. Until later...
Christy

0 comments: