Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lauren's Stay and July 4th

Well, I've just recooped enough from the weekend to update everyone. We had a wonderful 4th of July!! Lauren was w/us the week before and I really enjoyed having her here. We shopped until we dropped. I can't believe that she'll be in college in 2 years. It wasn't so long ago that she had blonde pig tails and now she's all grown up and about to drive!!

We were in Lufkin for the Holiday. Everyone was at my parent's house on the 4th. We had a huge shrimp boil and popped fireworks that evening. It was nice to spend some time w/Aunt Barb, Josh, Jody, Craig and Issac. Josh is going to have his hands full w/Craig...hahahaha The Allen's joined us for fireworks and Ray and Alisha announced they'll be adding a 5th addition to their family. We're crossing our fingers for a precious baby girl to go w/their handsome little boys. On Saturday we took Nate for his first swim and played in the pool for a while. We had to be up early Sunday morning to get dad back to DFW for his flight back to Michigan. I wouldn't suggest that anyone fly American Airlines...he had a nightmare trying to get back to Michigan. But...he made it back safely and that's all that matters.

For those of you that don't know, I accepted a position with Mansfield ISD. I'll be 4 miles from home and I'm super excited, but very nervous about the change. I'm breaking out of that comfort zone and I don't deal w/that very well. I do feel like this is what I'm suppose to do, so I feel a very comforting peace about the situation. Thanks to all of you who said a prayer for me!!

Well, I've attached a few pics and I've noticed a trend lately...EVERYTHING is all about our cute little Nate!! hahahahaha

This was a deep conversation....


Craig wanted to escape the insanity!!!


I LOVE this picture..Aunt Christy surprised him!!!!


Josh and Jody


Uncle Garrett and Nate doing some research


Aunt Barb and Nate



Nanny and Nate


Proud Pawpaw and Nate


Hope everyone is doing well. Try to stay cool...
Christy

2 comments:

mandee75 said...

WOW...he has those McDaniel eyes! I love the picture of Nate and Garrett...Nate looks so intense!

Our life... said...

I know...It must've been some important stuff!! haha